Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sicky Soup






**sniffles** Hedo ebbybody, ids dat dime ub year again. ebbyones dot a code!

Since the dawn of eastern cultures garlic has been known as a medicine of huge healing powers. Both preventative and as a stimulus. Hailed in ancient Chinese, Greek and Roman civilizations as a cure-all including diabetes,epilepsy and apnea. Whatever, I just like that its spicy awesomeness allows me to actually breathe through my nose when I eat this delicious, Good and good for you soup!!

Ingredients

Chicken broth
1/2 bulb of garlic (6-10 cloves)
Zucchini
yellow squash
spinach
onion
tortellini

Starting with the base, use what you have on hand, broth, stock, water and bouillon, whatever fits your taste. First add your garlic and onion. this is when I like to season the broth, a little salt, pepper,minced onion garlic powder, Cayenne, some Sriracha, anything that is going to get the blood flowing and the sinuses open. By the way, if I walk into your kitchen and there is no Sriracha, I walk out. This is a must have!!! This hot chili sauce can literally go on anything! It has heat without an overpowering flavor, which enables it to blend seamlessly and enhance any dish. Next is the tortellini, its pasta, give it about five minutes at a boil before you add your squashes .I like to julienne my squashes, that means make neat little match sticks. Now, turn down your heat! You don't want to end up with mushy squash. Right before serving, add your spinach , just to wilt it. Dump it in a bowl and inhale!!! Feeling better already, I bet!! Serve with lots of water and an Emergen-C .

No comments:

Post a Comment